Taylor A Ritz
With this garnish, you can easily spruce up the appearance of omelet, salad, or toast. An avocado heart is a great option to beautify almost any food. Though this garnish looks complicated, it’s actually very easy to recreate!
- Simply cut a peeled avocado into thin slices, then sprinkle with lime or lemon juice so they keep their bright green color.
- Transfer the slices onto the plate and use your hands to shape them into a beautiful heart.
- Add your meal into the middle of the heart.
- Clean around the heart with a paper towel to perfect your presentation.
This simple garnish is easy and provides a great aesthetic to any dish.
- Cut your avocado in half, then remove it from the peel.
- Next, make cuts into half of the avocado lengthwise, ensuring that each slice is still attached at the base.
- Apply slight pressure to the avocado half with the flat side of the knife to spread your fan.
- Gently transfer the fanned avocado to your plate.
A super fun avocado garnish, sure to be a hit with children and adults alike, is the crab garnish.
- To create this masterpiece, begin by cutting the avocado into halves.
- Peel the avocado and sprinkle with lemon or lime juice to retain the color.
- Cut one avocado into 8 long slices.
- To make claws, take 2 of the slices and gently use a knife to split the slice halfway up lengthwise.
- Place the remaining 6 slices on a plate.
- Place the second half of the avocado on top of the legs; this will serve as the crab’s body.
- Place the 2 claws you made under the front of the crab’s body.
Bonus: get creative and give your crab a face using other foods from your kitchen. Here we have olives for eyes and chia seeds for hair. We also used a knife to gently carve out a mouth.
What better receptacle exists to hold your delicious guacamole than the avocado peel itself? Better yet, make a fun-shaped avocado peel to present your guacamole to family and friends.
- Cut your avocado in half using zigzag cuts to form alligator teeth.
- Empty the avocado from the peel.
- Follow your favorite recipe for making guacamole.
- Fill the avocado peels, or “boats” with your guacamole.
- Use olives to make eyes.
- Serve with chips.
Use this bunny garnish for Easter or any other time you want to add an adorable display to your food.
- Cut the bottom ½ inch off the length of an avocado. This creates a flat side to be the bottom of the bunny.
- Cut a triangle out of the small piece to form the bunny ears.
- Make a cut ½ inch from one end of the avocado that continues ¾ of the way down the fruit. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place the ears you made into this cut.
- Serve immediately.