No products in the cart.
You have probably seen the pic posted by Christine Kizik of pre-cut avocados sold by Sobeys. The post was followed by a viral internet outrage.
We put together some reasons why you should not buy them:
- You don’t need the wasteful packaging! Avocados already come in a perfect packaging – their skin
- They are super expensive – 3.99 CAD (~ 3.00 USD!!!)
- Peeling and seeding a fresh avocado is super easy. I actually have the feeling that it is much more complicated to open this cardboard and plastic packaging
- You may miss the best part: the pit
- You also miss the chance to grow your own little avocado tree
- The most healthy part of the avocado is right under its skin. I am not sure if it is there
- They may be treated with some sort of citric acid or chemical
- If you make guac, the pit prevents it from getting brown
- They use a lot of space in your refrigerator
- It is just not right – What’s next? Pre-peeled bananas?
What are your thoughts on the pre-cut avocados?by