Taylor A Ritz
This recipe makes 2 delicious chicken avocado pizzas.
Make Your Own Chicken Avocado Pizza
- 1 teaspoon active (or instant) dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- Green onion
- Red onion
- Lime juice
For the crust:
- Sprinkle yeast on top of 1 ½ cups warm water and let sit for a few minutes.
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl and mix. Slowly drizzle in olive oil until combined. Now pour in yeast/water and mix until just combined. The dough should be sticky.
- Lightly coat another mixing bowl with olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl and form it into a ball. Toss to coat it in olive oil.
- Cover the bowl with the dough tightly with plastic wrap and set it aside for 1 to 2 hours. If you want to set it aside longer, place it in the fridge. Make the dough at least 24 hours in advance, or as much as 3 or 4 days, for best results.
- When you are ready to bake your pizza, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take half the dough and form a nice, tight, pulled ball. Roll out the pizza with a rolling pin.
- When the dough is nice and thin, lay it on an oiled baking sheet or pizza stone. Drizzle more olive oil on and dough and spread it out with a brush or your fingers. Sprinkle salt lightly on the crust.
For the toppings:
- Slice 2 chicken breasts in half to make 4 thin pieces. Season with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through. Let them cool and slice them into thin strips.
- Peel and pit avocados. Toss them with lime juice to keep them from browning.
- Finely slice mozzarella, tomatoes, red onion, green onion, and cilantro.
- Lay the mozzarella over the dough. Arrange chicken and avocado, then sprinkle with diced red onion and green onion.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- When it comes out of the oven, sprinkle cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes on top.