Sure, we all love a good avocado. In guacamole, on toast, over eggs, but have you cooked an avocado? Read on to discover the glory of the grilled avocado and a great recipe too.
How To Grill An Avocado
- Heat your grill to medium heat.
- Cut ripe avocados in half, remove the pit, and brush them with olive oil.
- Place the avocado halves face down on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Press down lightly on the avocados to make sure the fruit cooks all the way through.
What To Eat With Grilled Avocado
Now that you know how to cook an avocado, what should you eat it with? Here are some fantastic recipes that include avocado.
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup bottled Picante sauce
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack, shredded
- Fresh cilantro
- Salad greens
- Sour cream
- Mix olive oil and lime juice. Brush mixture over avocado halves. Sprinkle cut sides of avocado with salt.
- Grill the avocado halves as described above for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Fill the centers of the avocado halves with ¼ cup Picante sauce and shredded cheese.
- Grill 5 more minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove the fruit from the grill top. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Serve on a bed of salad greens with more Picante and sour cream.
Want to grow your very own avocados at home? Use an AvoSeedo to root an avocado tree at home!