We’re always looking for new uses for our delicious avocados, plus, healthy and sweet are two combinations we didn’t think possible. So when we discovered you can use avocados to make chocolate mousse, we were all in! Here’s a recipe for chocolate avocado mousse!
Anti-Inflammatory Chocolate Avocado Mousse
What You Need
- 2 large avocados
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- ¾ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp coconut manna
- 1 tbsp moringa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
How To Make Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Peel both avocados and remove the pits. Split the vanilla bean lengthwise. Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on low to medium until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If the mixture seems too thick, you can add a little more orange juice or water to help thin it out.
- Either divide into individual portions or serve in a large bowl.
- Top your chocolate avocado mousse with ingredients depending on preference such as cacao nibs, hazelnuts, jam, berries, or any other sweet ingredients.
The Power of Moringa
You may be wondering, what the heck is moringa? Moringa is a plant native to tropical areas. The bark, flowers, leaves, roots, and seeds are all used to make medicine. Moringa can help with medical issues such as asthma, diabetes, menopause, and diabetes, among others.
It should come as no surprise then that moringa is also gaining popularity as a superfood. The leaf is often sold in a powdered form that you can easily add to your diet in any number of ways, including delicious mousse! Moringa is 30% protein by weight, compared to spinach which is 2% protein by weight, and it’s a complete protein at that. This food is also an antioxidant, which protects your cellular structure and decreases inflammation.
Despite the power of moringa, it isn’t the tastiest supplement. That’s why a sweet recipe like chocolate avocado mousse is a great way to sneak moringa into your diet.
Other Desserts Great For Inflammation
- No-Bake Turmeric Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bonbons
- Black Bean Brownies
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Healthy Birthday Cake