What is it with all these Instragram/Twitter special day hashtags? Who created them? And is there one for every day?
To answer at least the last question: Yes, there is one or more for EVERY day. Here are some examples:
- Monday: #MondayBlues #ManCrushMonday #MeatLessMonday
- Tuesday: #TransformationTuesday #TacoTuesday #TuesdayBoozeDay
- Wednesday: #WomenCrushWednesday #WineWednesday
- Thursday: #ThrowBackThursday
- Friday: #FlashbackFriday #FridayReads #FollowFriday
- Saturday: #Caturday #SexySaturday #SaturdaySwag
- Sunday: #SelfieSunday #Sinday
I recently learned that #Tacotuesday is actually a thing – I mean outside of social media. Every Tuesday tacos are cheaper at Del Taco and Taco Bell (sorry to all Americans, but we don’t have them in Germany, I think we don’t even have them in Europe). You learn something new every day.
To celebrate today’s Taco Tuesday we created a taco inspired AvoToast. What is your favorite hashtag?
Follow our 30DaysOfAvoToast series here! Send us pictures of your favorite AvoToast or post them on Instagram/Facebook using #30DaysOfAvoToast.
Taco Tuesday: AvoToast with Beans, Cilantro, and Bell Pepper
Toast your bread.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent and pale golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in beans, stock, and salt. Season with cumin, chile powder and some lime juice.
Cut bell pepper and avocado in slices.
Put avocado, bell pepper and beans on toast. Decorate with sour cream, chilli and fresh cilantro and season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup cooked and drained beans (I prefer pinto)
- 1/2 onion, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- ¼ red bell pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoon sour cream
- Olive oil
- Lime, salt and pepper to taste