Taylor A Ritz
Life can be rough on your hands, especially in winter. During colder seasons we are prone to experiencing higher levels of dry skin. Our hands and feet can feel devoid of moisture or even develop painful cracks. If you want an organic, natural alternative to soften up and moisturize your hands and feet, consider making your own avocado salve.
Avocado Beeswax Hand Salve
What You Will Need
- ¼ cup (1 oz) beeswax pastilles
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 10-15 drops essential oil
Note: avocado has a strong aroma. To cover it, consider using a strong-smelling essential oil (or 2) such as orange or grapefruit.
- Add oil and wax pastilles to a small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until the wax has completely melted.
- Add essential oils to the mixture.
- Pour into clean jars and cover.
- Allow jars to cool AZ overnight. Yields 1 ½ cups.
Store your hand salve at room temperature.
Why Use Avocados?
You can make a hand salve from almost any oil, so why use avocado oil? Avocados are filled with healthy fats, vitamins, and antioxidants. These essential nutrients are not only great for your health when you eat them, but beneficial for your skin when applied topically as well. Whether your skin is dry, sun-damaged, mature, or sensitive, using avocado oil in a salve can provide relief.