Avocados are well-known to reduce cholesterol levels in the body. These superfruits are chock full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber essential to our health. While you probably know a fantastic avo dish, do you know any good avocado drinks? Amidst all our holiday eating, we could use a great-tasting drink that can provide beneficial nutrients and help us keep our cholesterol in check. Read on for a how-to on making your own juice right at home. Both recipes below make enough avocado juice for 2 to 4 people. You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours but make sure to shake well before serving.
1. Creamy Avocado Juice
To make creamy avocado juice you only need 3 ingredients:
- 1 ripe avocado
- a cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (you can substitute any sweetener)
- First, cut the avo in half and remove the pit. Scoop the “meat” out of the two halves and discard or compost the skin.
- Place the fruit and honey in a blender and lightly blend. Add the milk little by little, mixing in between. Use more milk for a more juice-like consistency, less milk if you prefer more of a smoothie.
- Once blended, place into a glass. For an added sweetness, garnish with a dollop of whipped cream or sliced fruit like pineapple or strawberry.
2. Vegetable Avocado Juice
To make avocado juice with more vegetables and therefore even more vitamins and minerals, you need:
- one ripe avocado
- 6 large chard or kale leaves
- 1 pear
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 cucumber
- 1 handful of spinach
- ½ pineapple
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- A 1-inch piece of ginger
- Milk (optional)
- Pit and skin the avo, cube the pineapple and pear, remove the broccoli stalks, and cut up the cucumber, celery, ginger, and greens.
- Add all the vegetables and fruits into a blender. Blend well until ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth. For a more juice-like consistency, add water or milk until your drink reaches your desired thickness.
- Once you finish blending, add the mixture to a glass and serve it with a sweet garnish like whipped cream or sliced fruit and enjoy!