Looking for a unique snack to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Not only is this the perfect snack for adults, but your kids will LOVE it!
When choosing your bell pepper for this delicious snack, you’ll want to choose a green bell pepper with four ridges. Picking your green bell pepper with four ridges is key to getting your shamrock shape. Since bell peppers have one of the highest pesticide rates, make sure you buy organic.
This St. Patrick’s Day recipe uses natural ingredients and is naturally green without using food coloring.
Green Bell Pepper Shamrocks With Avocado Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- One green bell pepper
- Half of an avocado
- Half tsp of lime juice
- Salt & pepper
How to Make
- Wash your green bell pepper and cut about a half of inch off of the bottom.
- Make 1/4 inch slices. You should get anywhere from three to eight shamrocks depending on the shape & size.
- Use the remaining pieces of your bell pepper to make the stem of your shamrock
- Remove your avocado and mash it with lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Carefully place your shamrocks on a plate and fill with your avocado dip. This can be served at room or a cold temperature.
This recipe will cost a little more using organic bell peppers, but is still very affordable to make. Depending on your area, this snack will cost you under $3.00 to make. It’s also vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly.